Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Big, squishy package!

Pat Sloan has a new book that was released recently.  It's called "Focus on the Center" and is a collection of 8 new patterns with a center medallion being the focal point for each quilt.  There were several blog hops getting the word out about the book and I commented on Carrie's blog, La Vie en Rosie.  I was the very fortunate recipient of one of the prizes Carrie was giving away.  She said there would be a copy of the book, a fat quarter bundle and some other surprises.

Well, surprise doesn't come close to describing what I found in my very squishy, big box.  Not only was there the book and a fat quarter bundle of French General's Rouenneries Deux, there were two layer cakes and 6 packages of charm packs!  The layer cakes are Cabbages & Roses Northcote Range and 3 Sisters (swooning) Sentiments.  There are 3 charm packs of Freebird by MoMo, 2 charm packs of Blackbird Designs Blueberry Crumb Cake and one of Love Letters from Laundry Basket Quilts.  All are Moda designers.



Did you hear me squeal?!  I can't decide what to do first so I am just going to pet the fabrics for a few days.

And I thought my birthday celebration was over!  Maybe this turning 60 isn't so bad...

7 comments:

  1. Wow what a gift!!! Congratulations & Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You hit the motherlode! Awesome! I can't think of anyone who would have appreciated it more. I can't wait to see what you do with all this beautiful fabric! Congratulations! Ps, I think I DID hear you squeal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa.... "SCORE!!!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I would have been excited to win the just the book! And I sure tried! What lovely stuff you got. I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. woo hoo! that is a great bunch of goodies.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...