Saturday, April 16, 2011

Results from FNSI

I got home from work a little later than I anticipated (it's time consuming looking for the perfect bottle of wine!) and then a friend started sending texts and that took more time away from the studio.  Finally I got upstairs about  7:30.  This is what I nearly finished


The only thing I have left to do is quilt the outside borders and bind it.



The focus fabric has the appearance of appliqué and I chose colors from that for my polka dot (LOVE) pieced blocks.  A friend at my office ordered this one for a baby shower she is attending the first of May.  The parents decided not to find out the sex of their baby so they have requested neutral colors.  I think this fabric works for boy or girl.

My quilty sister has been out of town for a week so we are spending the day together.  We will be driving all over Lebanon and Lancaster Counties today.  On the list are thrift stores, 2 quilt shops, Joann's, (maybe) Hobby Lobby, AC Moore and Michaels.  That's a lot of shopping so I had better go get dressed!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

9 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Suzan. So despite the delays you had a fabulously crafty evening. Well done.

    Hope your day is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty baby quilt, I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling project! And impressed by your stippling...I'm still practicing - scared to actually DO it on a project!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! I was in the studio for two whole hours and sewed on TWO zippers (it has been AGES since I have sewn a zipper!).

    I wish I had had the wine, however. I thought I could do without, but I think I would have stayed in the studio longer with more ... er, inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty gender neutral fabric. Not much left to go now, and well done considering you started at 7.30pm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely love it. it's just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a darling quilt... and perfect for an unknown-gender baby!

    Safe travels and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice Suzan,lovely colours,well done

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...