Thursday, November 28, 2013

November



Every time I think I will sit down and write a post I find something else that really has to be done. I have been in full blown sewing/quilting/craft mode for a couple of months but it has really hit a crescendo in the past two weeks. I did take some time for just me sewing and made two quilt tops. They will most likely be discovered in my studio after my demise along with about 20 other quilt tops that need to be quilted! Sound familiar to anyone else?!

Today is Thanksgiving and I do want to take just a minute to reflect on the things for which I am most thankful. I am very fortunate to be 61 years old and have both my parents still living in the house that my children think of as the "family home". I am thankful for my handsome and delightful sons. They are both wonderful fathers, good husbands and make a huge contribution to society through the lives they touch as teachers. I am blessed with beautiful, healthy grandchildren and daughters in law that are wonderful mothers and good companions to my boys. I am thankful for siblings that have loved and supported me though all the crazy ups and downs of my life. I am grateful that I have gainful employment at a company that appreciates my contributions and has allowed me the opportunity to grow. I am thankful for friends, old and new, that allow me to be part of their lives as I share mine with them. I know that I am blessed beyond measure by a loving and benevolent God.

Thank you, dear readers, for following along and reading my posts - especially through the "lean" and sporadic postings! From my home to yours, "Happy Thanksgiving"!!

3 comments:

  1. Your scenario sounds very familiar to me. I think its all part of the creative process...losing things and then finding them again, as well as discovering you have far more to finish that you previously thought!

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. I enjoyed reading your list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo your post and want to thank you for sharing. May you have a blessed Thanksgiving with your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you too Suzan.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...