Sunday, February 22, 2009

Still plugging away

I have two pieces of the inside border stitched on my Strip Twist. I will finish all the borders this morning and check that one off my list. I have planned my next quilt which will also be made using scraps and again I am going to use 2-1/2" strips. I am doing the scrap challenge that Anina at Twiddletails organized. (Did you notice the button on my sidebar?) I have so many scraps from projects using Moda fabric - mostly 3 Sisters stuff - so I am going to make the free pattern "Sultry" on the United Notions (Moda) website. It is jelly roll friendly and since jelly rolls are comprised of 2-1/2" strips...well, there you go!

The COO of our company is moving and getting rid of some furniture. Two pieces - a child's chifforobe and a small telephone desk - now reside at my house. They both are "project" pieces. I think I will sew for a while today and then maybe do some painting. The weather folks are predicting some snow so I think this would be a really good day to stay inside, pop in a couple of DVDs and make something pretty!

3 comments:

  1. What, no photos? No fair...:)

    I will be leaving for PA immediately...snow, you said, snow, right?

    3 Sisters is one of my other favorites as well. I am becoming a Moda addict...it is becoming a serious issue for me.

    Next weekend is the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Show and Market in Hampton, VA...over 100 vendors. I am drooling already.

    Have a wonderful day sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.K. I'll be the one to ask - What is a chiffarobe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know about the free pattern site, so thanks for that. They all look really nice.

    We had a chifferobe once. We lived in a house with no closets at all. It's a good thing we didn't have many clothes! You are quite blessed to get those pieces.

    Hope you had a wonderful day!1
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...