Monday, October 31, 2011

Retreat Update


Early on Saturday morning
 You knew I would have a good time, didn't you?!  The company was great, food was fantastic and the innkeepers are lovely people. 

The retreat was terrific although I had one sewing nightmare after the other.  I worked on a simple braid quilt and if I never see it again it will be too soon!  (You would have thought I was performing brain surgery.)  I won't even show it to you until the border is on and that may be years from now.  I did start on my "Swoon" quilt and though all the pieces are easy and quick to cut, I learned quickly that I needed to read the directions several times before actually sewing anything.  I have a quarter (!) of one block done.  I worked on a bag and didn't have the right color thread to quilt it so it is designated for the trash can.
 

Saturday at dusk

I am not going to say much about the snow and let the photos speak for themselves.  We had flickering lights many times but never lost power.  Sunday morning was the perfect winter day...in October!

View from the car window as I headed towards home
I was one of two "newbies" at the retreat.  The executive committee extended a return invitation to both of us and I will be delighted to return...and bring a box of scraps 'cause there are some serious scrap quilters in the group! 


4 comments:

  1. Im so glad you had a fabulous time. Im not sure how I would go at a weekend retreat since I tend to march to the beat of my own drum much of the time, but the idea of sharing a hobby that I love with others who love it as much as I do is really appealing.

    As an Aussie who lives where it never snows those pictures look so pretty to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Swoon blocks are tricky! I had my 4th block cut out and realized I had mixed up my fabric so it was cut out *wrong*. And I was so close to being done!

    Sounds like a great weekend, minus the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful snow - I'm not ready for it yet, but it's just so darn pretty. Glad you had such a good time! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found this link through another post... where was this? Looks so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...