Saturday, October 1, 2011

Guess who I met today?

A lot of quilters come to our area of Pennsylvania to shop for fabric.  Today I met someone whose blog I have been reading for years.  I met Irene and her friends, Margaret and Dianne.  They were here from Ontario on a fabric hunting adventure and we met at the Hayloft in Morgantown.  Irene has the proof on her iPhone.  I completely forgot to take my camera with me!  Irene is just as sweet and genuine in person as she is in her blog.

Since I drove all the way to Hayloft I had to buy something.  I really like "Grace" which is the 3 Sister's holiday collection from Moda this year.


I picked up two charm packs and a half yard cut from each of two coordinating fabrics.  I am not exactly sure what I am going to make but I am going to find a pattern in my copy of Schnibbles Times Two from by Carrie Nelson.  I can't believe I still haven't schnibbled!

8 comments:

  1. I love this line as well. and also thinking of doing a Schnibbles pattern

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so fun to meet new people....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzan,
    The fabric is wonderful. so bright and cheerful. People rave about the ease of using schnibbles patterns. Haven't tried one myslf yet.
    I sent you an e-mail about the purse but I didn't hear from you about the total price with shipping. Are we still on? Love your purses-they are so well made.
    Let me know when you can. Hugs, Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, thanks Suzan it was great to meet you too! We just got home about an hour ago, totally exhausted. We did 18 stores in 2 days - whew!

    I'll get that picture off my phone tomorrow and e-mail it to you.

    Love, love, love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it wonderful how the internet can help you meet new friends?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried really, really, REALLY hard not to look at that fabric, but I couldn't help myself. It's GORGEOUS! Thank goodness its just before payday and I'm broke or I'd be out there buying it too. It'll take a few days for me to build back up my resistance and forget about what I've just seen, but I'll be okay. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is the fabric at Hayloft much depleted? I heard, with great sadness, that they were closing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...