Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Is the heat on?!

Mercy!  It surely was a hot weekend in my little part of the world.  I vowed that I would not turn on the air conditioners until June 1st but I caved in last night.  There was no way I was going to sleep in my hot, sticky bedroom without some kind of relief so I turned the a/c unit in my bedroom on high and slept like a baby.  Grace has taken to sleeping sprawled on the kitchen floor.  I think the cool tile must feel good on her belly!

Early in the morning yesterday I ventured into the studio before the heat became unbearable.  I put this little number together.


I bought a piece of MDF and placed it on top of two plastic storage drawers.  I was concerned about weight but it works great.  I may end up putting legs on the back but so far, so good.  I quilted on a practice piece and nothing jiggled.  Next I will pick up the piece of rigid foam insulation to build up on the table top to machine bed height.  I have a pretty piece of laminated fabric that I will use to disguise everything and create a "slippery" surface for quilting.  I will use my folding, height adjustable table on my left to help support larger quilts as I am quilting.

Did you notice my thread racks?  I finally have a place for my large spools of thread not tucked away in a plastic bin and are now easily accessible.  I mounted them with these.


Oh my gosh!  I love these things!!  I use them to hang just about everything.  I buy them at Joann's with a discount coupon.  If you have not tried them, pick up a pack.  You will thank me and say nice things about me!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice. Love the Command hooks -- they even have some for high humidity situations, like bathrooms. And they realloy do come off with no damage to the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea with the sewing table!

    And I love seeing all your threads like that. Mine are in tins and I'd love to be able to see what I have at a glance.

    I'll trade you some hot for some cold. Im all rugged up here and have my heating on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Command Strips are my friend!!! I LOVE those puppies, use them everywhere!!

    Space is lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...