Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Independence Day!

I did not have it ready for Memorial Day so I hoped I would get it finished by the 4th of July.  Here it is!



Oh, you noticed that it isn't really finished?  I know!  I really thought I would get it quilted by today.  It turned out to be a lot bigger than I anticipated.  I think it is about 65 X 80.  I used most of a jelly roll that I got in my surprise package from Carrie Nelson but added some other fabric that I liked and had already purchased to make a red, white & blue quilt.  I used all Minick & Simpson designed fabrics from Moda.  The jelly roll was American Banner Rose and I threw in some Quilts of Valor and Clermont Farm.  (I love the outside border piece!)  The pattern is "Jelly Filled" from Thimble Blossoms.  I followed it (mostly) but made a few minor changes.  This one will probably end up on the long arm as soon as I can get it loaded.  I really want to have it bound by summer's end.  All of the left over fabric will go into a "Quilts of Valor" quilt that Emily and I are going to make while she is here.  We will use a very simple pattern that I can quilt on my Janome.  With all the florals and feminine paisley prints I am sure it will go to a deserving servicewoman.


Have a wonderful 4th of July and always remember that we are "the land of the free" because of the brave.



4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...