Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Best, fast baby quilt!


For a very long time, I have been referring to a quilt pattern that I love to use when I am in a hurry to make a quilt.  I use this pattern for baby quilts, healing quilts (lap size), twin bed quilts and even a queen size bed quilt that my sister and I made as a wedding gift.  It is my "go to" pattern.

The quilt pictured on the left was made only slightly different than the pattern in that I substituted one block with an embroidered block.  This size quilt is made mostly with 4 fat quarters, about a yard of focus fabric and just a little additional fabric for a border (or two). I can cut, sew and quilt this baby quilt in about 3 hours.

Here is a link to the pattern.  I think it may be the only place you can buy it.  (I got mine through QNN years ago as a freebie.)   Other baby quilts I have made with this pattern are here, here and here.  As you will see, I have used quilting cotton, flannel, chenille and even a little Minky.  I have quilted it with a big meander, loops and swirls and even straight line stitching.

Since the pattern is not pictured on the order page, if you have any questions about the pattern that I can answer, please leave a comment and I will get back to you as quickly as I can.


Linking to Today's Creative Blog Get Your Craft On

2 comments:

  1. Arent those go to patterns we all have fabulous? Im rather partial to stacked coin quilts for fast and easy quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...