Thursday, August 15, 2013

Savonnerie placemats

I finally finished the placemats using Moda's Savonnerie.


The colors are so beautiful and vibrant.


I used flannel instead of batting and only quilted this minimal amount. I may go back and "over" quilt but I think I will toss one in the washer and dryer just to see if there is any shifting.  If not, will probably leave well enough alone.


They are backed in the most beautiful blue and white paisley that is also from the collection. I have charm squares and yardage left over. I think I will make a table runner and maybe napkins (if I ever figure out how to fix the tension on my serger!)

Next up is my very first fitted baby crib sheet. How hard can it be? :)

2 comments:

  1. Im confident you'll get that baby crib sheet to do exactly what you want it to do with minimal fuss !

    LOVE your placemats- they totally rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous. I love how you think...wash and check.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...