Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Dilemma...

I managed to get all of my squares sewn together into strips. My points are damned close to perfect, I love the pattern and the colors are, well, they are "my" colors. Anyway, when I started to put the strip sets together I was not a happy gal. The points on the larger strips match up really nicely but where the smallest ones touch they look horrible. I am going to rip it out and try again but if I cannot get it lined up I think I may end up sashing. I hate to do that to the design but everytime I look at the green points my head starts to hurt!


Now, where will I find more of the pink fabric? I really hope someone locally has it...

1 comment:

  1. From what I can tell, the green is what's bothering you right? I looked and they're not hugely different but I can see where it would make you nuts. I learned this trick from a highly respected quilt teacher...

    Go to the scrapbook department of your local scrapbook store or craft store where they have open stock permanent pens. Zig brand comes to mind & use the narrower of the two ends. Find one that matches your green. Take your fabric and lightly draw in the green to make the fabric points "match".

    Test this first on some of your fabrics. Walah, your points are fixed.

    It's definitely not the fix for everything. But when you've ripped and ripped and ripped some more and it's frustrating the daylights out of you; it's a viable option!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...