Wednesday, August 31, 2011

While the winds blew and the rain pounded down

I didn't lose power except for 4-1/2 hours in wee, wee hours of the morning.  I had an entire day up in the studio.  By 6pm my back was killing me but I managed to get a lot finished!


This is sort of a "standard" bag for me.  See the little leaves on the red band near the bottom?


While I was pressing the seams, my iron gicked up some black crystal looking stuff on the fabricso I did a little raw edge appliqued and then some thread painting.  The fabric was already fused to the fleece so there was no way to take it apart!


This one is has a gorgeous chocolate brown background.  I love the fabric.


This one is cross body.  I think it is very "young" looking.



This is another cross body style just much smaller and with a zip top.  It needs "something" so I am thinking about making some sort of 3D leaf embellishment.  My mom has a birthday on Saturday and I am pretty sure this one will end up at her house!

I am nearly out of fusible fleece so I am excited that it is half price at Joann's during the Labor Day sale.  I also saw some fabric at Burkholder's last weekend that I am pretty sure I will pick up on Saturday.  I just received two orders for baby quilts and I need fabric for those as well.  Thank goodness for sales...and a three day weekend!

I linked up this post with:

sew many ways
Check out all the crafty folks!

9 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh I just love your bags!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bags and your fabric choices - maybe when I come to Lancaster I'll just shop from your stash :-)

    What a great idea with the applique - it looks so good you might want to incorporate that into another bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all pretty, but the black one is delicious! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your bags, you use the prettiest fabrics in them. Bags are something that I need to make more of, they make me nervous, I guess I just need more practice.

    Have a great day
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  5. All these bags are soooo delish. I swear...you amaze me. I wish I lived near a Burkholders...sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love the bags you make! They look great!

    Happy Stitching!!!

    gale

    ReplyDelete
  7. Striking bags--particularly the tie top. Original!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...