Saturday, January 21, 2012

First Finish 2012!

My little wall hanging is part of a calendar series.  This one is for January and I finished him this morning


It has raw edge applique and free motion stitching.  I probably should have gone a little more vibrant on his scarf but I was determined to use only scraps that I had (or scraps I could snag from my sister).  Now that I have completed something new I have to finish something old.  Looks like the binding is going on my niece's quilt tonight.  She has been waiting for the quilt for 3 years.  (I am a crappy aunt and godmother!)

It snowed here last night and into the early morning.  I think there is about 4 inches which I believe is going to be topped with some freezing rain.  Lovely.  I guess I need to get my boots on and shovel the sidewalk before there is a lawsuit...

9 comments:

  1. Sooooooooooooooooooooooo adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love it. I'm doing the calendar quilts by Kim Schafer and I'm already three months behind. Oh well life just gets in the way at times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is just too cute Suzan!! congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute!! I'm thinking she has a very nice aunt and godmother....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this pattern! I am starting a calendar club at my mom's quilt shop. We are beginning in April, and I just put the super cute April quilt together this morning! I can't wait to see your next one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Are they all snowmen? I love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waving at you Suzan... love your snowman. He's cute. Notice you haven't blogged in a while... hope you are ok.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...