Saturday, January 7, 2012

Quick trip with my sister

This morning my sister and I made a very early morning trip to Burkholder's to take advantage of the last few days of their customer appreciation sale.  Mr. Martin saw us looking at the Moda fat quarter bundles and surprised us by offering an additional discount if we took 4 bundles.  Well, you don't have to tell us twice!  Between the two of us we purchased 100 fat quarters.  Here are the two bundles of 25 that I chose.


They also had a large number of patterns that were only a dollar a piece.  I chose these.


I may wait for a while to make the mitten runner but I really want to make the batik snowflake wall hanging as soon as I can.  I picked up the sunflower pattern for Emily as they are her favorite flower.  The Quilt Soup pattern will look darling in my daughter in law's kitchen.  That may end up being a Christmas gift next year.  I could not pass up the small Holy Family penny rug.

Jodi at Pleasant Home is doing a month long series on scrap quilting.  It is just the push I need to use up some scraps.  The first one I am going to try is Freda's picnic quilt.  If you don't already read Jodi's blog, pop over and check it out.  Jodi has a beautiful blog and I am certain you will enjoy reading it!



2 comments:

  1. WOW...you got some terrific buys! I've been to Burkholder's once......it is almost overwhelming in there....LOL I love that Holy Family penny rug pattern...never saw that one before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dollar Patterns? Score! I would have been on that and the fabric like a seagull on a chip!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...