Friday, March 16, 2012

Quilt show

I stopped in at a LQS not too far from my home yesterday afternoon.  I was coming back from our companies sister operation in Lancaster.  When we got near the shop, my boss (male) asked if I would like to stop in for a bit.  (Have I ever mentioned that the guy I work for is terrific?!)  There were so many women milling about the sale fabric that was outside and then there were more women inside the shop.  I think it took me a good 4 or 5 minutes to realize they were all there because the AQS show is in Lancaster this week.


It totally slipped my mind as I rarely go to that show.  I always wait for the show in Hershey since it is in July (and the air conditioning feels so good!), is not quite as crowded and I don't have to traipse hither and yon to see visit vendor's booths.  Are you going to Lancaster?

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You lucky girl. Not only is your boss terrific for asking if you wanted to stop, but on company time to boot! So you didn't get anything then? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope - & I loved it before AQS got hold of it.

    I do plan on going to Hershey though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at the show on Wednesday and on the way home yesterday, my hubby was kind enough to wait in the car for a while as I looked around Weaver's Dry Goods. There was a bus full of quilters there, too, but I was able to get out fairly quickly. The show was nice, but nowhere near as good as the old one was at the Lancaster Host Resort. But the Amish quilt display at the Lancaster Quilt and Textile Museum was a wonderous sight to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not gone to the Lancaster show since it became an AQS show. I understand that the old Blossom show, which used to be located across the road from the Country Host, has now expanded and is located in the Host. Like you, I am planning to do Hershey, and have already booked a room and signed up for classes. I'll do my fabric shopping when our retreat group goes to White Oak (Strasburg, PA) in late April.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...