Friday, October 25, 2013

Guilty Quilting

Sounds really naughty, doesn't it? It really just means that I am making something on a whim when I really should be doing other sewing!

The mailman brought me a package today from Green Fairy Quilts. In it were two packs of "Vin du Jour". I think the fabrics are lovely and very subdued.



I googled "what can I make with two charm packs". I found a Moda pattern that looks crazy fast so I am going to piece it this weekend...after I take my parents to the Poconos to leaf peek and after I finish making the crib skirt and baby bumpers for my great nephew's nursery.

If I get everything else done, maybe it won't be "guilty quilting" after all!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like a great pattern. Looking forward to seeing the results. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No guilt allowed!! What you are doing in letting the kid in out to play!! There is never any harm in that, and if you end up having fun and loving the project, well, win/win then!!

    I hope it all goes well and you have a great, no, a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Suzan, I believe it was 2 years ago, you gave away a beautiful table runner and I won it! I was thrilled. Last week, we had several people over for a casual dinner & I had it on the table. A friend that is a quilter, gave it the 'once over' and said "This is beautiful! You did a great job!" I told her I had not made it but won it! "A great gift!" another friend said. It is gorgeous on my oak table. I am still grateful for such a nice prize. Thank you, so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those fabrics! I know all about guilt quilting but I should rename it guilt buying! LOL! I ordered a little over $200 in fabric from Whittle's yesterday and thought I would throw up when I hit the order button! LOL! It had been a long time since I had actually bought any fabric, now that I'm over the initial shock, I can't wait to get it in. :)
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be a crime to buy such lovely fabric and not use it almost immediately! Cant wait to see the end result.

    I gave up feeling guilty about sewing a while back...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh, I didn't buy that collection and now that I see it I think I need it! Aren't those burgundies beautiful?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...