Wednesday, October 30, 2013

New to me!






I was looking for some clear plastic boxes to use for storage in my studio. I stopped at Big Lots yesterday and wandered back to the area where they keep all the storage items. I found really nice 6 quart clear shoe boxes.


I think you can see in the photo that the box is larger than a standard shoe box. They are manufactured by Bella Storage Solution and they are made in Massachusetts. Plastic shoe boxes at Dollar Tree are made in China. I prefer to buy American when I can. Here's what is really interesting. These shoe boxes are exactly the same price as those made in China...just one dollar!  If you don't live near a Big Lots I know they carry this particular brand at Kmart. I don't know that the price is the same but it is worth investigating if you are interested in supporting jobs in the US.

I put a fresh tape in my label maker. I am ready to organize!

5 comments:

  1. I love Big Lots, although we do not have any close to us. When my kids were at IUP, we used to go to the one just outside town regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up! I'm always on the look out for made is USA items... it might just be that manufacturing may return here... overseas salaries are increasing... so it's actually costing less to produce here... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use shoe boxes in sewing room too and they stack up nicely. I buy the Sterilite brand from Dollar General and they are also made in USA. Seems to be very few things in most $Trees made in USA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I'll check my Big. Lots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After I move, will you come and organize my room?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...