Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Insomnia pays off...


About 3pm on Sunday, I discovered that I didn't have a Christmas table runner. I hated the way my "hidden wells" quilt top was turning out so I pulled it apart and used one of the panels to make a table runner. I woke up at 2:30am on Monday morning, started quilting it and finally finished hand stitching the binding on this morning. I joined together 4 squares from the destroyed quilt top and am going to make that a table mat for my large coffee table. I have a theme going here! I love this fabric, 3 Sisters for Moda - Mistletoe Manor. If I can just come up with a wall hanging to go with this theme, I will be a happy girl. I have a Christmas quilt that I bought in Seattle (before I knew any better!) and I have been hanging that one for many years but it really isn't my taste any longer and I can quilt WAY better than whomever quilted it for Costco!


This morning (at 3:00am) I started quilting Sally's wall hanging. The wall hanging for my mother is clipped on a hanger in my studio. I feel like the penguins are looking over my shoulder so I have got to get that one quilted and sent back to my sister for the binding application. I love tandem quilting...I do the stuff that I like and she does the handwork. I think we need to do more projects together!

2 comments:

  1. I love the way the table runner has turned out. I like the colours aswell.

    love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty!

    the nativity hanging was in a McCalls Quilting magazine about 5yrs agi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...