Monday, December 24, 2007

I know, I know!

It has been FOREVER since I posted but I have been crazy busy! I finished my part of the quilt for my mother, finished the quilt for my daughter-in-law and nearly finished my parent's quilt. It is sandwiched and ready to be quilted. Thankfully, I am not celebrating Christmas with them until 12/29 so I have a few days left to complete that.

I am in Virginia staying with my youngest son's family. When I arrived here I discovered that my darling daughter-in-law has a wonderful antique quilt on my bed sewn by her great-great grandmother when she was 12. It is made of feed sacks, shirting material and goodness only knows what else! It was pieced by machine and then quilted by a child. She signed it in pencil on on one of the squares. It is so charming and not perfect! As soon as I can lay my hands on a camera I will post a photo of it.

Anyway, this is a quick post because I am feeling guilty. I know that everyone else has lots to do and they still manage to blog so what the heck is my excuse?!

Off and running...still more shopping to do! Merry Christmas Eve!!

2 comments:

  1. I only recently found your blog and so I'm stopping by to say hello and wish you a Merry Christmas. CW

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...