Thursday, May 14, 2009

Lookee!

As promised, some photos! These are a couple other things I have sewn in the past week or so. I am totally in love with fabric baskets. This one is different 'cause I made it really tall. I have a couple of collections of fabric that I am now storing inside it.
From Quilty stuff


I made this large tote from a Quilts Illustrated pattern. I can't find the pattern at the moment to give any additional information but the designer is Penny Sturges and her patterns are clear, concise and so easy to follow. I love this bag! I used some Wuthering Heights (3 Sisters for Moda) charm squares and yardage that I have been hoarding.
From Quilty stuff


I really do want to sew this weekend but I also have a huge number of plants that I need to get into the ground...and I need to cut grass...and I need to bring in about 12 bags of mulch. Maybe I will sew in the early morning and then work in the yard later. Thankfully we are going to have very pleasant weather (in the 70s).

I am posting photos of my yard sale purchases from a couple of weeks ago on "My Little Nest" site. Oh, that's something else I wanted to do this weekend - hit a few yard sales. There just are not enough hours in the day!!

5 comments:

  1. It will be a sewing weekend for me as well.

    Love your bags....great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzan,

    The bags looks great!

    You mentioned about not enough hours in the day...it seems that way even though I am retired...so many things to do and new things to try. Defintely not a chance of me getting bored.

    Enjoy your weekend as you scurry around doing all you can.

    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Basket and bag! I just love the fabrics that you used in the bag!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't patchwork so much fun in a basket. I love them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...