Thursday, May 21, 2009

Very little sleep = getting lots of stuff done!

Though I think I could really use a good night's sleep, I am managing on a little over 5 hours. The plus side is that I am getting lots of projects completed.

I had to go to Joann's and get some fabric for the latest basket project. I picked that up on Tuesday during my lunch break and then early yesterday morning finished this
From Quilty stuff
This fabric basket is really big - about 13"x13". Another container to hide my fabric!!

This past weekend I started this purse and finished it early Monday morning
From Quilty stuff
I used fat quarters that I have had forever and leftover fabric from another quilt. The colors are a little dark but I think it would be a great bag for fall.

This one I started early Tuesday morning and finished up yesterday.
From Quilty stuff
Last summer I bought some fabric that I thought would look great in a couple of blocks that I was contributing to a healing quilt project with my S4 group. The fabric didn't work so it has been in my stash drawer since then. All that is leftover is some scraps that I will use in the next scrap quilt for my guest room. I love using up what I have!!

I need to go on a button hunt. I don't have any buttons for the purses I have been making. The fabric outlet in Sinking Spring used to have boxes of buttons but those are gone. (I love that store because you never know what you are going to find. They frequently run a $2 special - all the fabric in the store is $2 a yard!) They rarely have any quilt fabric unless they buy out a quilt shop that has closed. That is a good thing since otherwise I would probably camp out in their parking lot!! I will surely end up back at Joann's looking for buttons.

I have fabric on hand and stacked up under my ironing board to make at least 6 more purses. Can you tell that I am trying to build up some inventory? Can you guess what I am going to do next?

10 comments:

  1. Etsy?

    Your purses look wonderful, and your new basket it awesome too! I have not made one yet. Might have to do that.
    Have a great day!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous finishes! In case you didn't know it - buttons will be 50% off at Jo-Ann's this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute bags! I love $2 fabric sales don't you! A bargain is a bargain! Keep the cute bags comin'! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe your next move is to put lots of money in each of the bags and then have a give away or a contest or something of the like. All of them are certainly beauties.

    Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fabric basket! Do you use a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice bags! I keep threatening myself that I'm going to make a bag. I have the pattern, the fabric and the desire but not the umph! I'll live vicariously through yours for a while!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, lovely, Suzan -- you have used some great colors. I hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. Happy Quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzan, all of the bags are terrific. I love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are really rolling out the purses and baskets! Wonderful job!!! I love purse in the darker fabrics!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...