Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Mama's gotta a brand new bag...or 2!

I have been working steadily making purses and totes. This one is near the top of my "favorites" list. This is my first "Big Bag Theory".
From Quilty stuff
I used a charm pack and some coordinating fabric that I picked up at a LQS. The fabric is "Fig Tree and Plum" from Judy Figueroa and Moda. I love how the darkest fabric looks like polished cotton. (I have finally purchased buttons for all of my bags!)

These two were just finished the other evening.
From Quilty stuff
I used all scraps on the smaller one. The large bag is another BBT and I used another Moda charm pack. This one is Louisa by Terry Clothier Thompson.

I am using up so much fabric that I needed to go shopping again. This group I purchased on line for a really great price.
From Quilty stuff
They will be in a quilt that I want to make for my dining room table. I need two or 3 more pieces of fabric so I am still searching. All of this next group were purchased on sale.
From Quilty stuff
Sauders is having a huge fabric sale this weekend and I am sorely tempted but I am not going to buy an additional fabric until I use up at least half of these...or maybe a quarter of these...ok, one or two of these!

11 comments:

  1. Your bags are so cute!! Do you sell them? They are all just darling. I can see why you might have a hard time picking a favorite. I too have a handbag addiction, but it's because I work for a handbag manufacturer so I'm loving the samples, but nothing as cute or creative as yours. Good job! Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you know I LOVE the bags!!! They are amazingly gorgeous, but those fabrics are absolutely YUMMY!!!!

    I say just touch one of them and you can go buy more fabric. It is a sale and since Fabric Hut is not having their sale, you can not pass this one up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you know I LOVE the bags!!! They are amazingly gorgeous, but those fabrics are absolutely YUMMY!!!!

    I say just touch one of them and you can go buy more fabric. It is a sale and since Fabric Hut is not having their sale, you can not pass this one up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bags

    love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bags are great. You have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are beautimous!!!!! I'm definitely gonna have to look for the BBT pattern..... like I need another bag.

    Hugs,

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bags are beautiful, much prettier than anything I have tried. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzan,

    Those bag are absolutely beautiful. I am going have to consider paying you to make me one of those beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzan, they are so incredibly darling. I love them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...