Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I need to win the lottery!

I walked into the fabric store and nearly cried.  I was the first person there and they let me in a little early.  (Nice folks, by the way!)  Bolts and bolts of beautiful, first rate quilt fabric.  One of the women working told me that someone spent just under $1000 in there the first day.  I can understand that.  Truly.  I spent all that I could afford and I wanted to spend so, so much more.  They had Joel Dewberry and Amy Butler in home dec widths.  Regular quilting cottons were standard bolts but they had so much Moda it was crazy.  They will be putting some of the fabric on line at reduced prices because they have much more still in the basement.  I don't know when that will happen but add them to your shopping sites.  They purchase designer fabrics for apparel but have lots of odd things there.  Right now they have silks that are used in ties, linings, etc. and they are $1.00 a yard.  I actually took photos of the shop to share but I can't figure out how to download them from the phone to my computer. 

Here’s what I bought

IMG_7271

The fabrics in the back are for bags.  The fabrics in the front are for stash with the exception of the floral on the left.  That will be a bag.  The rest are for stash and a Christmas quilt and table runner that I am making…if I EVER finish these darn bags!!

I was so overwhelmed in the shop that I really could not make any additional decisions about exactly what I wanted.  You have no idea how badly I want to go back and I just may do that!  I can’t decide if I should grab more Christmas fabric since they had all of the Peace on Earth in the red color palette.  They also had so much fall fabric that would be great to save for next year.  There was so much more fabric that would be great in purses.  I am so confused!!  They close at 5 and are not open on the weekend so if I can manage to leave the office early this afternoon…

8 comments:

  1. Great fabrics. I hate it when a shop has too much choice of fabrics. Like you I want to buy them all

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna go TOO! I actually understand how you feel...it's the greatest paradox of feelings about a great fabric store find...happy and sad all at the same time....like leaving a puppy at the SPCA. Just makes you sick with sadness to walk away.

    Go ahead...go back. I will write you a note for work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did good, girl! I know exactly what you mean about being overwhelmed and not knowing what to get. That happens to me when I happen to be somewhere with so many fabrics at a very good price. I stand there and can't think straight and later think, "Why didn't I think to get..." this or that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, nice goodies!!! Love those fabrics! Wouldn't it be so nice to just be able to buy all of the fabric that you wanted? But then again, I would never have time to sew it all up! :)
    Have a wonderful day!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  5. "STEP AWAY FROM THE FABRIC STORE...." LOL.... But really, I know exactly how you feel! When I went to Ohio last year for the quilt retreat, I went to FabricShack and thought I'd died and gone to heaven! ahh fabric ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely fabrics! i want to go toooooooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  7. so funny, I can see you in there....because one time my husband and I went to a fabric discount store on the island of Hilo...that store went on for miles it seemed...I was running from isle to isle....couldn't make my mind up...my husband just laughed....so I can actually see you there...and in tears....love your fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *covering my ears (my eyes?) with my hands and yelling* LALALALALALA I can't hear you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...