Saturday, March 20, 2010

Friday Night Sew In

I didn’t set the world on fire but I managed to get these finished for some of my co-workersIMG_7560In case you don’t recognize them, they are plastic bag holder sleeves (say that three times quickly!)  I also made a couple of blocks that I owe for a group signature quilt, picked out the fabrics I am using to make another diaper bag (Thanks, Dee!) and started designing a laptop sleeve/carrier thingy.  I am making it sort of envelope style but with an adjustable shoulder strap, pockets for file folders and a bag for the power supply.  I may get around to cutting out the prototype but I am not pushing myself in the studio today because….

It is flipping gorgeous outside!!  I brought home some very nice pallets from work that will be the base of my temporary deck/platform in the backyard.  I am planning on doing some weed killing, throwing down 3 bags of mulch and climbing on the kitchen roof to seal the flashing along the side of the house.  (Thankfully I can access that roof from the window in the guest room so no ladders will be involved!)

Tomorrow is going to be a fun day.  I am going to brunch at my non-quilty sister’s and then over to my quilty sister’s house to put a quilt top on the long arm and try a pantograph for the first time.  It may turn out to be a disaster but I won’t know until I try.

Hoping you have a wonderful weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. One of these days I'm going to make a laptop case. I'm just not great with patterns.

    Your plastic bag holders look lovely. We dont need them here ...throw away plastic bags are illegal where I live. (and I have such a nice platsic bag holder as well)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stylish way to keep a very mundane product. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...