Monday, May 26, 2008

Another Fast Weekend

I have noticed something strange since my 50th birthday. Weeks go by so quickly and weekends seem to come and go in the blink of an eye. Is this a common phenomenon or is it just me?!



I spent this weekend traveling to and from the New Jersey shore. My sister and brother-in-law own a home at Stone Harbor. This was my first opportunity to see it since they purchased it at the end of last summer. Julie and I had a great time. We shopped, ate and sewed. We are working on a "secret project". The weather was absolutely gorgeous...blue skies, bright sun and a lovely breeze. My beach experience has been the beaches of North Carolina and Oahu in Hawaii. I really would have liked to have seen the beach at Stone Harbor. The house is only 5 houses from the ocean but we never made it to the ocean. Maybe next time...

I can't wait to show you the project on which we are working! It will be finished next weekend. Photos to follow...

6 comments:

  1. We like pleasant surprises (not shocks)...so will look forward to see what you two are up to.

    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great house. Looking forward to seeing the "secret" project.
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Tha house screams quilt retreat ......... what a lovely place. Can't wait to see the secret project.

    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that house, especially the porch and the deck on top. Looking forward to see what you all were working on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, to have a weekend to relax and sew with a buddy.... I can only dream about that! Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, friend -- in Ocean City, a stone's throw from Stone Harbor, there's a really nice quilt shop. It isn't very big but is amazingly well stocked and the people who work there are right nice. It's on Asbury Avenue; you can't miss it.

    n, np

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...