Thursday, May 29, 2008
If I only had a brain...
Y'all are gonna love this! I have a black cast iron frying pan. I made bacon in it and didn't pour off the drippings right away. Later this morning, I went back and turned it on to melt the grease so that I could dump it. Well, I wandered away. (Mind you the burner was on high.) I was sitting in front of my computer reading blog posts and suddenly the smoke alarm started screaming. I could not figure out why until I walked toward the kitchen and saw the pan smoking like crazy. The entire apartment had slowly filled with smoke and I never smelled it! I AM GETTING OLD!!
I pulled the pan off the burner and THEN IT CAUGHT ON FIRE!! I remembered what to do, grabbed the baking soda and threw it all over the pan. The fire went out but you should see the smoke. I have doors and windows open, a big window fan sucking smoke out the front door, the a/c blasting away and the cat is hiding under my bed.
I had planned to cut and sew the backing for "the special project" this morning. Now that won't get done, the apartment smells horrific and I now have to deal with a burned pan and baking soda all over my stove.
You know, when my grandmother did something like this they decided she shouldn't live alone anymore...
Posted by Suzan Oxenreider at 5:21 AM