Thursday, March 12, 2009

No more teasing...kinda

I got up bright (barely) and early this morning so that I could post these photos. First up is the braid quilt - still without borders but I wanted to show my progress.
From Quilty stuff

I had to throw it over the bed in the guest room. (I so need a design wall!)
From Quilty stuff
From Quilty stuff
I love the way these fabrics all work together. This may end up being one of my favorite quilts for a couple of reasons. I love the design, love the fabrics and I love the fact that I used scrap fabric!

Here is a terrible photo of the baby quilt top. This one comes from stash.
From Quilty stuff
I did run out of one of the fabrics so the quilt isn't exactly the size I had originally intended. That's the reason I added a wider border at the top and bottom.

Last is the table runner I am still working on for my DIL. She just painted the focus wall in her dining room aubergine. I went to Lowes, got a paint chip and took that with me when I went shopping.
From Quilty stuff
The fabric in the center ring is a Moda Marble light purple though it looks more pink than that in the photo. It does match beautifully with the striped fabric in the center of the rings.

I am going to postpone showing you Ms. Bella's new dress. I LOVE IT! It is darling and I loved making it but you need to see it on her. Laying it out on the floor doesn't do it justice! I will see her this weekend and get a photo of her and the dress.

10 comments:

  1. Oooo OOooooo OOoooo, I LOVE your quilt, and I love your color choices. Thanks for FINALLY showing us!

    Your baby quilt looks great, but you JUST COULDN'T finish your post without telling us we would have to wait to see the darling little dress...........(sigh!)

    Oh, Suzan, what WILL we do with you?

    Hurry weekend so we can see your sweet little girl in her new dress.

    Have a great day!
    Be blessed,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Beautiful work and I need to go figure out what aubergine is...sounds interesting. I always love seeing your stunning work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the braid quilt. The colours in it are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - Suzan, GREAT progress, and it looks like you have been soooo very productive! The tablerunner looks cool!! Can't wait to see more pictures of your work...

    Thanks for visiting my baby girly tablescape, and leaving the kind comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! Can't wait to see the dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all look great! You have really gotten alot done lately!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it love it love it!!!

    and the baby quilt is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The braid quilt is beautiful and you did a great job on it. Those can go wonky quickly if you're not careful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your work is amazing ,I especially like the table runner .

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gorgeous! I love all the fabrics too, in fact I think I have some of those in my stash :-)

    Looking forward to seeing 'the dress'.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...