Sunday, March 1, 2009

Tedious stuff

I have been doing some "prep" work and it is boring! I am cutting 2-1/2" strips (STILL!) for my next scrap quilt. Because this isn't going to be traditional "scrappy" I am going through all of my Moda scraps, ironing and cutting.

With regard to 2-1/2" strips, the library in my sister's little town recently acquired a new quilt book for using jelly rolls. I was looking at the book and darned if it didn't have a "Strip Twist" quilt in it...also had the same ironing instructions as Bonnie shows at her free site. Kinda makes me wonder... It surely would not be the first time someone has "borrowed" her ideas!

Other big project is furniture related. I have applied the fabric to the drawers of the child's chifforobe that I mentioned the other week. I read everything I could on the internet as to how to do it but either no one mentioned it or I didn't remember but I should have washed the fabric first and gotten the sizing out. I also learned very quickly that when you glue fabric to wood even if it doesn't look like you have bubbles, you probably do so I have been squashing air bubbles and using an old credit card like a squeegee. I will have photos to post as soon as I get a couple coats of varnish applied over the fabric.

I am heading back to the cutting board. Hope you have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Oooooh, I can't wait to see what you are doing...to the chifferobe, and in the sewing room!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you have me wondering what you next quilt is!!! :)

    I can't wait to see how you redid the chifforobe! I just love things like that! I have bought some furniture things and plan on redoing them for the new house. Right now they are in storage!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great day stripping and coating!!!

    I can't think of anythings I would rather be doing other than fabric shopping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmmmmmmm if it is the book I have I noticed the similarity to Bonnie's pattern too. Isn't it amazing how things happen to show up in other places?

    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...