Thursday, September 24, 2009

'Bout time!

First, I must get this off my chest - I apologize for not posting more often.  My posts are getting further and further apart.  I remember starting out that I used to post every day or at least every other day.  Something always seems to get in the way.  One of my favorite (and overused) expressions is "If it's not one thing, it's another."  Y'all know what my problem is of late.  These darned purses!

OK - I feel better now.  

(My cat is sitting on top of my computer monitor grooming her face and staring at me.  I wonder how often she sits up there and what kind of cat gick is dropping into the ventilation slots at the back of the monitor?  Anyway, it's a little disconcerting trying to type with something eyeballing you!)

I made many, many trips to my basement last Saturday to bring up my fall decor items.  I discovered that I had more than I thought...but I still needed to make some additional purchases!  A couple of months ago I found a brass planter thingy (I am sure it was from a floral arrangement) at the Goodwill for $1.  I have been thinking about what I wanted to put in it.  I decided on a centerpiece for my dining room table.  It isn't finished yet so no photos.  I will show you when it is completed and pretty.  I also need several more candles - big, fat ones.  The hutch needs more work so I won't show you that but here are just a few pics of some of the changes

This is the quilt from the Bear Hollow retreat a couple of years ago.  It is mostly very warm colors and I think looks great for this time of year.  It hangs on the focal wall in the living room.


I "foofied" up a few things in the kitchen.



Lastly we have my "Happy Jack". 




There is still much to be done but at least I won't have any additional trips to the basement to drag up plastic containers of stuff!

This weekend we are celebrating my mother's 79th birthday by taking her up to Bear Hollow.  It will just be my sisters, my aunt, my mom and me.  The sisters are all bringing sewing machines.  My mom and aunt will be our "pressers".  No, we are not going to make my mother work the whole time she is there!  There will be coffee and talking on the porch at breakfast.  (Sisters are doing all the cooking and clean up.)  There will be rides in the Gator to check out the foliage up close and personal.  There will definitely be appetizers and wine on the porch at 4pm.  This time I WILL have a camera!  I have my slim Kodak in my purse and my big, fat Canon in my suitcase. 

I hope you have a wonderful weekend wherever you are!

4 comments:

  1. I am working on my version of your retreat blocks - (working used lightly) only I am setting them a bit differently & I am not going to use sashing...

    Starting to sound not quite similar - but they are! mine are even autumnal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you are talking about...I plan on blogging and just some how get side tracked. I'm sure you will have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great girl's weekend! Happy Birthday to your mom too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fall decor looks great, and don't feel guilty, or apologize for not blogging. No pressure here! We all just love hearing from you when we can. NOW SHOW US SOME PURSES!

    Your weekend sound wonderful. I hope the weather is perfect for you. Have a wonderful time.
    be blessed,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...