Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Weekend report

We had a great time up at my sister’s farm in Potter County.  The weather was lovely when we arrived on Friday but by mid-Saturday morning it deteriorated quickly.  I took along my Brother sewing machine as I thought I could at least get the quilting done on some purse fabrics.  That did not work out as planned so I mostly just cut and fused fabric.  We made a trip into “town” and did a little poking around but mostly we ate and laughed and drank a wee bit.  It was extremely restful!

I thought I would share some photos from the weekend.  There was a gorgeous sunrise on Saturday.IMG_7207

This is a photo of the hillside that my BIL had sewn with wildflowers to surprise my sister.  Who said he wasn’t romantic?!

IMG_7204

Here are a couple of photos of the house and pole barn.IMG_7216

IMG_7219

Nice place, huh?  It sits on a little over a hundred acres.  Apparently there is darned good hunting on the property.  These guys came right down IMG_7215next to the house but by the time I had my camera ready to go they were moving back up the hillside.  This is a pretty shabby photo so I should probably identify them.  They are turkeys.  There are about 34 in the flock. 

We left midday on Sunday.  The first photo is the birthday girl (my mom) and my aunt.  IMG_7222The second is of my sisters.  The one closest to the camera is my non-quilty sister (Marliese) and the one driving is my quilty sister (Julie) who owns the farm.  IMG_7221No pictures of the Reluctant Quilter since I have the camera!! 

6 comments:

  1. Great photos. Sounds like you had a blast

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful countryside and oh that house and barn...my dream location...add those 100 acres, wild creatures...what a place! I bet the stories, laughter and food was fantastic.

    Now back to the rugged week of work...have fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous sunrise!!! Very cool about the turkeys! I'm glad that you had a great visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just loved seeing ALL the photos...would have loved to have been there with you...it is beautiful!!!

    The turkeys!!! Awesome.

    Glad you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzan, what a glorious place to spend some time. And in terrific company, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing! What a fantastic place! Can i come visit? ;o) ooxx`jodi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...