Friday, November 16, 2007

The best laid plans...

Julie and I only managed to get to two shops on Wednesday but we had a great time. I love evey opportunity I have to spend time with my sister. She is creative, talented, funny and just about the best friend anyone could ever have. Of course, I think she is damned lucky to have me, too! Anyway, this was just supposed to be a little jaunt, find a couple of fabrics to coordinate with some quilted purses she is working on and I was just going to get my Shop Hop squares and be happy with that. So much for plans! Julie found gorgeous fabrics that we had never seen and purchased fabrics that she was initially looking for but also enough to make at least 4 additional purses. She ended up getting so much that she had to reach into her wallet twice for more cash! I didn't spend quite that much but between the two shops a Ben Franklin disappeared. I swear if I find fabric that I like I just cannot tell myself "no". I am sure there is a 12-step program somewhere that I should be attending!

I saw this on a couple of other sites and I thought it was a hoot. I have the quilter's horoscope for me below:

Taurus - April 21 to May 20 - Taurus is the quilterwho always finishes a project, as they are persistent and determined. Has anyone ever SEEN my UFO pile?! When attending workshops or using a pattern they will follow every instruction to the letter. Never! They can be greedy when it comes to their stash, as they know the value of material. Got me there! They save every bit of scrap. Nope - I am a tosser of small pieces However, they are warmhearted and loving to such a degree that they have given away nearly every quilt they have ever made. I hate to part with quilts! They are gifted artists, excelling at sewing, patchwork and quilting. OK, I am pretty good with sewing machine The stitching in their quilts is of such high quality that their quilts will endure for eons. That's the goal!

You can find the rest of the quilter's horoscope here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...