Saturday, November 3, 2007

Finally!

I am finally back at my sewing machine again. I have had a case of the serious "blues" for a couple of weeks and I am feeling like myself again. I really wanted to sew but I just couldn't make myself do it!

Part of my "therapy" is always shopping so I picked up an inexpensive bundle of coordinating fall color fat quarters at Joann's and thought I would try the disappearing 9-patch that I read about on Helen's blog: http://quiltsatcs.blogspot.com/2007/04/disappearing-9-patch-tutorial.html It was fun to do and has kind of a "Yellow Brick Road" feel to it. The squares went together quickly and I now have a table runner up on my design wall. Yesterday I picked up a couple more fabrics for the borders on my harvest cheater panel (Pumpkin Glen by Kim Schaefer for Andover Fabrics). I really like the panel but I take issue with the way Andover printed it on the fabric. The cutting line for the panel is right up against a portion of the panel that is meant to be sewn. When you attach a border, it takes up part of the panel design and looks really dumb. I looked on Andover's website and they show the panel in its entirety with a border so that means that the panel was cut outside the lines. I guess you can do that when you are the working for the manufacturer but quilt shops are not going to give up portions of the panel on either side. So, I just cut the panel into sections and I will use only bits and pieces. It's annoying but it is the best solution I can find. I will have the largest portion finished tomorrow so I will post that when it is ready to be quilted.

Gotta run...I want to finish the table runner while I am on a roll!

3 comments:

  1. You are not alone in the 'quilty blues'. I think it's the change in the season. I've been a bit stagnant in my quilting, but after a good clean of my room I'm back on track.
    love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that pattern too, i'm hoping to tackle it over Christmas lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. IT's a great pattern and one that seems to be all the rage right now. You can flip flop the patches too so that it looks even less planned.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...