Thursday, November 29, 2007

Ta Da!


I accomplished my goal of finishing the last two blocks in Amanda's quilt along. I cut the pieces before bed last night, woke up at 1:30 and pieced the first block and then finished the other block when I woke up at 4:30. Do I need a life or what?!? I don't know if it is related to my age or my thyroid but at least when I wake up in the middle of the night I am trying to be productive.


This morning I also cut the inner border for Emily's (oldest granddaughter) quilt. I hate pieced borders on solid fabric so I cut the fabric length-wise. The only efficient way I could do it was by folding the fabric in quarters so I put a new blade in my rotary cutter and it cut beautifully. I hope it is at least reasonably straight! The last quilty thing I did this morning was cut the backing fabric for my mother's wall hanging. This is a collaborative effort for Julie and me. My mother is a penguin freak so we think she will love it. I will post photos when I have quilted it.




All this before 5:30am!

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty. I've yet to use a print for a background -- but I'm getting close!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...