Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Nothing "quilty"

I got back from my visit South on Monday evening and STILL haven't touched a piece of fabric except to straighten up my studio. I did clean and oil Jenny so I am ready to go as soon as I get the energy!

I had a wonderful (but short) visit with my boys and their families. I went to St. Thomas (my former parish) for Palm Sunday service. It is always such a treat to see friends and be in a place that was such a huge part of my life when I lived in Chesapeake. My DILs both graciously gave up their husbands for a few hours on Sunday afternoon to allow me some time with my sons. I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard! We did a little shopping in "downtown" Virginia Beach. I used to work in that area and I could not believe how much it had changed since I moved away.

On the way home from Virginia, I made an impulse stop at the Pfaltzgraff store in York, PA. (I know I have mentioned my china addiction.) I love to poke around in that store, check out the clearance items and I always find something I think I need! I love their "Pistolet" collection and they had pieces on sale.
I managed to walk away with only a spoon rest. You have no idea how hard it is for me not to purchase this collection! I have to keep reminding myself that I have everyday china with 16 place settings...Not to mention my "good" china and Christmas china.

Fabric takes up so much less space...Justification!!


4 comments:

  1. Sounded like a fun trip. Seeing old friends and visiting with the family make it just perfect.

    You can get back to sewing after you get off your "vacation" high.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree, dishes definitely come in second place behind fabric acquisition - but it is fun to look!

    Sounds like you had a great time!

    Hugs,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your trip sounds like it was tons of fun. So glad to hear you made it home safe and sound. You must have a lot of self control not to have bought the whole set. That just means more fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my dish pattern that we use everyday. I love them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...