Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Back from retreat

The Society of Sexy Sewing Sister's retreat at Bear Hollow was a great success. The weather was perfect, the food was wonderful and you just can't beat the companionship! We had deer in the backyard watching us eat dinner one evening and the next day a doe brought her twin fawns to the same location. The deer are enjoying the apples that are dropping and even some that they are picking themselves! Early Saturday morning (middle of the night!) I was awakened by the sound of a high pitched barking and then the howling started. My first coyote experience! I know that the sheep farmer down the road isn't too excited about coyotes but it was a thrill for some of us that heard him.

I have pictures...or at least there are pictures on my sister's camera. As soon as I can get by her house, I will borrow the camera and download the photos. There are not many because who had time to take pictures?!

The blogoversary post is in a couple of days!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time. We have coyotes out our back yard, but they rarely come too close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to quilt with friends out in the wild!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...