Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Another quickie...

Just a quick update -

I had a FABULOUS weekend with my girlfriends. We had great discussions, laughed like crazy and just enjoyed being with each other again. We have pledged to do it again, same time next year and take advantage of the Lititz Chocolate Walk.

My knee is much improved though I spent too much time walking and standing so that it is swollen...but not hurting! (Thank goodness for that!)

My niece is in the rehab center now and having physical therapy twice a day. She does not know how long she will be there. Right now she is a little down emotionally. I think that has a lot to do with the fact that she doesn't know what the future holds but does anyone really know? The important thing is that she is mending well.

The borders are on Kendra's quilt. I just need to get it over to Julie's to put on the LA so that we can get it blessed. I am starting to sew blocks together for the other niece's quilt which we can (hopefully) give to her at her graduation party on Saturday. Now that I think about it, maybe I should just quilt Kendra's on Jenny so that we can get the BIG quilt on the LA.

I am shopping tonight at Burkholder's for backing fabric for the big quilt. I really wanted to get it at Joann's with a coupon but they didn't have anything I could use. Instead I got to spend my 50% off coupon on the new Quick Quilts from Fons & Porter. Check out the new one...they have lots of good stuff!!

Hope everyone has a great week!!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Suzan, thanks for the update. My best to both of you for healing well. You are right, none of us know what tomorrow brings. Control is something I'm learning I have no say in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzan,

    I am so glad to know you had a grand time! :) And your knee is definitely a good news...

    Don't work too hard, and take good care of yourself, okay?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...