Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Healing Quilt

Here's the healing quilt flimsie. I think it has kind of a Victorian feel to it. With the exception of the large border, all the fabric was from stash. Most is 3 Sisters Vienna Nights, the red is from Winter by Minnick & Simpson and the outer border is 3 Sisters Chocolat - all from Moda. You cannot tell from the photo that the quilt measures 54"x70". (It looks tiny in the picture!)

From Quilty stuff


I love these colors, especially the reds. Lately I have been drawn to red. Maybe it's just a phase but I really do love the warmth in a lot of Moda reds. Perhaps I should add some red fabric to my bedroom and spice up the place!

6 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that you remember what collection your fabric came from! It's all just yard goods to me! Once I stash it in the closet (and especially if the selvege is trimmed off) I haven't a clue. Unless it's something that just screams the designer's name, like Lynette Jensen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - great memory is right. I usually have no clue!

    The red is wonderful - I like the warmth of those darker reds - very rich.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fabrics are so nice. I'm happy for you to be back in business sewing and living!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty - the red squares are squares, right? I'm thinking seriously of stealing that pattern...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, Suzan -- the red really sets off the entire quilt! You did good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much going on in your life right now! I am glad your knee is so much better. I have had cortisone shots in my left knee from time to time - any shot is better than that horrible pain! I'm happy that your niece is doing better, too. That beautiful quilt will definitely go a long ways toward making her feel well again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...