Friday, April 10, 2009

Back at it

It has been ages since I last posted.  Nothing terribly exciting to report except that Jenny is now quilting again.  I changed my needle for the second time and then slopped Sewer’s Aid all over everything.  I started a very simple meander over the rest baby quilt and only had one thread break.  I ran out of thread in my bobbin and so I put the quilt down.  I think I was just tired of looking at the darned thing. 

You know what happens when I get frustrated…I started two new bags!  One is a Mini Bow Tucks and the other is a small bag that I found on line at American Patchwork and Quilting  (All People Quilt).  I do love that magazine and most of the projects I have tried have had great directions.  This little bag (which is really darling) has very strange instructions.  I just finished ripping the bag from the lining because I did not like the design.  I am going to “re-invent” the bag and hopefully will have it finished by the time Ms. Em comes to visit next week.  I love the other bag.  I wanted something in black and white.  I found some beautiful toile and a stripe with a fleur-de-lise so the bag has kind of a French flair.  As soon as it is completed I will post a photo.  (Don’t you just hate posts without photos?!)

5 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the pictures of the new bag.

    Enjoy this Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You tease, you! You tell us how cute it is then you don't post a picture. I'll look forward to seeing both bags finished.

    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah! you are back to blogging :) I look forward to the pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We want pictures! We want pictures!

    Please?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you back from your mini-break! :)

    Did you see that I posted cutting instructions for the bag?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...