Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I love this thing!

I am messy when I sew.  I clip threads and snippets of fabric and they end up on the floor.  It would be nice if I didn't have carpet in the studio.  I could easily zip the Swiffer around the mess and it would disappear.  With carpeting, I end up with thread wrapped around the beater bar on the vacuum which in turn has to be cut off resulting in more mess.  I purchased something at Joann's on clearance a couple of years ago made by Scotch-Brite.  I could not find the refills for that any longer so I was on the hunt for something similar.  Here's my solution.


I found it at Target.  It is a large,  heavy duty lint roller on a long pole and it works great in the studio.  A couple of zips around the room and about 4 sticky sheets later, my floor looks great and I didn't have to drag out a vacuum.  It isn't deep cleaning but it makes the room presentable.  (Truth be told, I have used it a couple of times in the living and dining room for a quick pick up before guests arrive.)  I use it also before I vacuum to prevent beater bar issues.

The Speed Roller doesn't do anything about world peace but my world is a little better because I found it.  If you go looking for it in Target, I think it is in the cleaning aisle though it could be in with the pet stuff.  (I am old and I forget things.)




3 comments:

  1. Does it have sticky tape that needs to be replaced? I have a mini vac that I keep plugged in by my sewing table. it's just powerful enough to pick up the threads & such so that when I vacuum they aren't there to get wrapped around the beater bar. This looks faster and easier, but my experience with things like those rollers, the surface get covered pretty quickly, becoming ineffective, until you put on a fresh sticky surface.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome, sure wish I had it in my other house....and...it is good to know that I am not the only one who makes a mess. I start out trying to be clean but the moment takes over and then well...you know the rest of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if I can find one of these in my part of the world...sounds like something I could really use !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...