Thursday, August 23, 2012

Off the frame

I swore.  I muttered.  I stamped my foot.  I sighed.  I did it.




Because there is not an outside border attaching the binding may prove to be difficult.  I am going to have to be very precise and meticulous.  (I am not noted for either thing.)  The quilting is a rain drop shape that is echoed.  It is very heavily quilted and took nearly 3 hours.  I loved this quilt while I was making it and I love it even more now that the quilting is completed.

"Spring on SW 185th Street" is fairly small.  It is so small that it surprised my sister when she saw it.  She said it looked bigger on my blog.

(That is the reason you will never see a photo of my hips here!)

7 comments:

  1. Lovely! And nice job on the quilting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You only have to be precise on the corners with the binding (Take it from someone who knows by experience!)

    Im right there with you swearing sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you love it! Love it, and the quilting too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is lovely -and you won't see my hips, either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great Suzan! Love the quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...