Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Self imposed moratorium

Several months ago, I stated in my blog that I was not going to buy any additional fabric unless I absolutely needed it to complete a project.  I lied.  My pants should be on fire.


At "Our Gathering Place" in Montoursville, they had some old Christmas fabric discounted down to $4.00 a yard.  They also had some small pieces at reduced prices.  I bought these 3 pieces.  All are 3 Sisters for Moda.  The aqua fabric is from Vienna Nights.  Do you remember this line?  It was already out for a while when I started quilting 8 years ago.  The other two pieces are Christmas fabrics.  One is from "Peace on Earth" and one is from "Roman Holiday".


Three different lines and they play together beautifully.  How could I walk away?

8 comments:

  1. you couldn't... I wouldn't have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I have said that before too....lovely fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You GO, girl!! Too beautiful to pass up, agreed. Congratulations on your new additions!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4 bucks a yard is too good a bargain to pass up. I think you can be forgiven for jumping at that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you just couldn't! It would have been a crime! You did the right thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you didn't walk away. I love 3 sisters fabric. Roman Holiday was one of my favorites and the quilt I made from it is well loved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't have walked away from those either - they are gorgeous and have my name all over them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...