Monday, June 16, 2008

Here's what I did yesterday...First is the flimsy of the banner. There is a white strip on the far right but the top blended into my design wall.


I finally finished putting the binding on my Mom's quilt. I managed to also get the label on the back so it really IS finished!


Here is a close up of the quilting. I am pretty happy...this was free motion on the LA and stitch in the ditch on my Janome.


I won't be able to sew for a few days. My oldest son, his family and my eldest granddaughter are coming for a long weekend. I have to clean the studio since that is where the girls will be sleeping. Everything has to be moved around (and three sewing machines need to go to the storage room). Now I will just have to remember where I put everything!


11 comments:

  1. Love the flag banner and jealous at the same time that I do not have your talent. We have a fourth of July party every year and this would look great. I am going to have to learn to get more creative! Kayce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilting on your Wedding Ring.

    love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved them all
    happy to hear that you are going to have family together....
    bye

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes for a fun time with your family. The patriotic banner is wonderful and your DWR quilt is lovely, a treasure to be cherished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was able to get up and type a little because my little bedheds are not up yet.

    Thanks so much for your sweet comments. It means a great deal to me that you took the time to come in and encourage me. I swear that it stays with me all day. Geez, I am swearing about encouragement...

    ANYWAY...laughed out loud about the predicament of putting your things away for your family coming and having to remember where you will put them... isn't that always the way? Kayce

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are both lovely. What type of long arm do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your DWR, the colors are great! Americana is always a hit for me, so I really like your banner too!

    Only good reason for stashing away 3 machines would be company arriving, enjoy your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your DWR is very pretty. Is this a surprise for your Mom or does she know about it? Lovely...Did you have fun quilting it? It looks good.

    I like your banner too but can't tell how big it is. Is it big or little and is it for you?
    Have fun with your family, hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - that's quite an accomplishment for a weekend! I love the wedding ring quilt -- very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are both great! You did a terrific job on your DWR - just curious - why did you SITD on your DSM and not your longarm? If I had to clean out my sewing room for company they'd have to give me a year's notice! Have fun with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your banner! Your fabrics are wonderful together. The quilt turned out beautifully - love the quilting!
    Have a wonderful weekend with your family.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...