Monday, June 2, 2008

"Secret Project" revealed!

On Sunday, most of the "Society of Sexy Sisters" met for our monthly quilting/talking/eating session. As always, we had a great time. This time our hostess was Darlene. She is pictured below with our group's secret project. Each of the other women in our group made two blocks with focus fabric and whatever other fabric she had from her stash that was appropriate. This is the quilt Julie and I were working on when we went to the shore last weekend. Darlene was surprised and delighted with our "healing quilt" gift.



I wish now that I had taken a close up of the detail in the quilting. Julie and I put it on the LA on Saturday morning and finished it up in a couple of hours. I attached the binding on Sunday morning at 6am (!) and then we all took turns stitching the binding down after we gave it to Darlene. We are all pretty pleased with our collaborative effort.


10 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful quilt full of time and talent from all the givers. I'm sure she'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt, Suzan! I love the color combination!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful. I love "quilts with a story" - they are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great. The colors go so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, the colors are wonderful together. Quilts with a special purpose are just very meaningful! I like the idea that you all stitched the binding when you were together that is a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sexy Sisters???? Is this a PEnnsylvania thing??? LOL....... wonder if hubby would notice if I drove to eastern PA once a month. And oooooooooo to be able to go to the shore and quilt for a weekend.... I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzan,
    That quilt is GORGEOUS! WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Thanks for sharing!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...