Saturday, February 2, 2008

Back from shopping...

I am now the proud owner of a Janome DB1600P. (Turns out Janome makes the Viking Megaquilter.) I almost bought the Juki but after looking at all the options and taking into consideration the fact that I would have to drive more than an hour to have the machine repaired, I just decided the Janome was the way to go. We have a local dealer for repairs if necessary and I really believe this is the machine for me. I got the "Professional Plus Kit" with all the extra feet I need and a large extension table. I NEED TO SEW SOMETHING!!

I am supposed to have a Mystery Quilt Super Bowl party here tomorrow afternoon and I really need to get some cleaning done and get organized for the party but all I want to do is sew! I think I will clean something, reward myself with sewing time, clean, sew, etc until everything is ready and I have had the opportunity to give my machine a good workout.


Now I need to name her....

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on the purchase. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I have the 6600 and absolutely love all it will do. You'll get a lot done with the 1600.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! My friend has a 1600 and loves it. I'm glad that you found your new machine today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Juki and love it for quilting, but it makes sense to consider how far you'd have to take it for repairs if it needed them. Here in Sacramento, we have sew and vac places all over the place, and since the Juki isn't computerized, I can take it just about anywhere--although I haven't had to do that yet. I've heard nothing but good things about the Janome though--have fun with your new "baby"! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! I'm hoping to buy one of those, one of these days.

    Does yours take special needles or the regular needles?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new machine. I'll bet you will have lots of fun sewing with her. Hope the sewing party went well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good choice choosing the Janome they stand behind their products. I have a Husqvarna Sapphire 850 which I bought for quilting. It is the worst machine ever and have since found out that VSM do not stand behind their products. Its a pity they still use the Husqvarna name.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I'm terribly jealous. :) Some day... lol*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a 1600p and I love it. I had upgraded a few years ago after taking a class with kathy sandbach, and she uses that machine and recommends it for machine quilting. my former machine, affectionately titled, "the machine gun", was getting quite testy and tempermental in her old age. solid as a rock, but sometimes, she just didn't want to sew when I did. congrats on the purchase though... once you use the extension table, too, you won't ever *not* use it. :) take it from someone who knows... [only downside, is it's annoying to lug around... it's heavy]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...