Monday, February 11, 2008

Following advice


I decided to follow Jen's advice and ordered some "Bottom Line" thread so I did not mount my quilt top yesterday on the LA frame. I ordered pre-wound bobbins and I am really hoping they last as well as the ones I used from Coats & Clark.

I have been inspired by all the stash busting going on out there that I thought I would work on a project using up some of my stash. I have a truly great collection of Vienna Nights fabric from 3 Sisters for Moda. I could not help myself. Every time I saw a bolt, I bought some. Everytime I saw a fat quarter, I bought it. I made a couple of table runners and used some in my "Geese in the Snow" quilt but mostly I have just been hoarding it. No longer! I bought this pattern, cut out the pieces and started sewing it last evening. I expect to have the whole top put together this evening. It's amazing what I can accomplish when stop talking and start doing!


2 comments:

  1. I do the same thing. I have so many yards of the same colors I don't know what to do with them. Apparently blue is my favorite color. I didn't know it before now. Everytime I shop for fabric, I just buy more blues. For me it's not a particular line of fabric, just one color....LOL
    Regina in MI

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a fun pattern. It's very similar to the four patch flip...so there's lots of ways to set that baby!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...