Thursday, February 7, 2008

Tablerunner finished!


I stitched the Mystery Quilt tablerunner sandwich together and flipped it yesterday morning. Last night I used 12wt variegated Sulky thread, a #18 needle and my walking foot to top stitch the quilt. I had planned to just stitch in the ditch but thought a loopy kind of meander representative of a vine might look pretty. So, that's what I did. The largest needle I got when I bought the machine was a #16 so I used a Kenmore needle. Goodness only knows where I got a full package of those! I didn't bump Jenny up to the highest speed just because I figured there was a better chance of snapping the needle if I was stitching too fast. She ran beautifully and I am pretty pleased with the quilting.

My sister designs and makes quilted purses. She is having a heck of time with the Viking she uses for quilting. She just got a Bernina with a BSR but hasn't had the time to even take it out of the box so tonight she is coming here to use Jenny. It is the very least I can do since she allows me unlimited use of her APQS LA. It is a real delight to have a sister with whom I can quilt!

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, that Jenny...she does such good work!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...