Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Sewing under the desk

Now that I have Jenny, it became imperative that I purchase some kind of chair so that I am not sitting under the desk when I am sewing. I was sitting on a pillow on top of a phone book on a regular desk chair. Everytime I got up to iron, the pillow fell on the floor and the phone book moved. Pretty exasperating!


Today I made a quick trip to Target to look for the magic potion I put on my face to make the lines go away. While I was there, I went down the furniture aisle looking for clearance items. (Always looking for a bargain!) I saw a task chair for $19.99. $19.99!!

I figured if it didn't work out, I could always take it back. I got it home, removed it from the box, put all the pieces together and voila! A perfectly fine little chair that gets me up to the right height so that my elbows are at the correct 45 degree angle when I am quilting. Don't get me wrong. It is a very basic, ugly little chair. I still want a super duper chair with back support and arm rests for my birthday but this will work just fine until then. When I get my jazzy new chair, this one will move to my computer desk.

Money well spent!!


1 comment:

  1. I think I should head over there and get one of those. Seriously my mom has NO chairs! One day she decided to take apart her kitchen chairs to re-cover them....

    waiting....waiting....waiting....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...